Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ruddiman & Peer Review













An interesting piece by Bill Ruddiman ( Ruddiman Hypothesis ) :
"Recently I’ve read claims that some scientists are opposed to AGW but won’t speak out because they fear censure from a nearly monolithic community intent on imposing a mainstream view. Yet my last 10 years of personal experience refute this claim. This story began late in 2003 when I introduced a new idea (the ‘early anthropogenic hypothesis’) that went completely against a prevailing climatic paradigm of the time. I claimed that detectable human influences on Earth’s surface and its climate began thousands of years ago because of agriculture. Here I describe how this radically different idea was received by the mainstream scientific community... "
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2015/04/a-scientific-debate/ 

No comments: